14.11.09

Mardi Gras

Today I received in the mail...

1. My Brazilian visa

2. The new Economist magazine whose cover proclaims "Brazil takes off"

Is this coincidence?!

I just happened to track my passport that I sent off November 4th, and it happened to say "available for pick up."
So I rushed out to the mailbox, still in my bathrobe at 4 p.m. (hallelujah) and THERE IT WAS.

My lovely express-mailed package bearing my passport and new visa.
Followed by what is usually one of my favorite moments in the week- the arrival of The Economist.
This is meant to be!


I can't wait to see if Carnival in Rio tops Mardi Gras in NOLA. I have my doubts, that's for sure.
In the case that Rio wins, check ya later, because I'm never coming home.

1 comment:

Limo Hire said...

Awesome post. I really like this post very much. It is really marvelous. I am fond of your blog. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging. Looking forward to reading your next post.