28.6.08

Zanzibar




is where I will be July 9-17, drink in hand. Now if only I could find a swimsuit for sale in Jodhpur, the Mumbai airport, or the conservative Muslim island of Zanzibar. I'm pretty excited to cross another continent off my map, even if I have to swim in a sari.

In other news:

Casey's going-away party is tonight. I'm going to miss her BIG TIME. She's off to travel North India (visiting Dharamsala...I'm jealous!) and then headed down to South India (Kerala and Tamil Nadu.) Hopefully I'll get to play with her again down at the beach.

Speaking of South India, I had South Indian food for 2 meals yesterday- divine. It's my favorite...I didn't even know about dosas and iddli and all the fun chutneys (especially cocunut and garlic) until this trip. Indian restaurants in the US generally just have North Indian dishes...which are very heavy.

Lindsey,
I have footage of Dadi feeding Rangoo, but it won't upload. Also, the cat's name is Rangoo, not the ex-capital of Myanmar. Evidently Rangoo means "colorful," which is fitting for this anorexic pussycat for many reasons. Oh, and Rangoo broke a laughing buddha figurine while we were eating dinner and singing karaoke last night. I was called on to sing for the first time. I said I need practice. I would never sing in front of good singers at home, but I figure the language barrier will prevent them from realizing how awful I am. I'm thinking Janis Joplin...so I don't have to hit any high notes. I'd appreciate suggestions for songs (that can be sung without background music.) I think the last time I sang karaoke was at the Cat's Meow and my song choice of "When I think about you I touch myself" probably won't fly here. But it could be interesting.

So, it's 4pm here at the Gravis office. Everyone but Jasdeep, Shailendra, some other person I don't know, and I have been in a meeting all day. So, I decided, what better time to break out my ipod and speakers to play some fun American music? Playlist so far:

1. Crossroads by Bone Thugs
2. Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
3. Closing Time by Semisonic
4. All Star by Smashmouth (now Jasdeep is just changing the songs every few seconds so I'm stopping.)

Pictures of my "colleagues" will be posted soon...but my computer is locked up in the library right now, so that will have to wait.


Sorry for such a lame post.

Also, I'm extending the deadline for responses to my poll since everyone is slacking. Get on that please, thanks.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Yea! I can't wait to see it.
I should send Dadi funny pictures of my cat... Do you think she would like them?